SST Classroom Decoration Competition 2014
Team members: Environment reps (Javier Yeo, Dominic, Tjun Lym, Nigel)
Each class Exco members will lead the class in this project. Students need to submit a short write-up (less than 100 words) to explain to the judges how the class decoration is related to their class mission, goals and code of conduct.
Guidelines to adhere to:
- Students are encouraged to use recycled materials. There will be no reimbursement of expenses incurred.
- Safety of the classroom should not be compromised.
- The decoration should be done in a tasteful manner i.e. there should be no offensive language, symbols or pictures used.
- Painting of the classroom is not allowed.
- Please take care of the equipment provided by the school. Cost of any damage done to any school property will be borne by the class.
- Areas to note:
- Notice-boards need to be allocated for different subjects and announcements. Eg. Duty roster.
- Classroom must be clean and neat.
- The locker area is clean and free from clutter.
- Class mission, goals and code of conduct are clearly displayed.
- The items in the class cupboards are neatly arranged.
- Class Seating Plan is prominently displayed at the teacher’s table.
The competition will assess students on the following:
- Class Theme reflects their mission, goals and code of conduct. (30%)
- Overall presentation and use of space inside the classroom (30%)
- Creativity (10%)
- Effort (10%)
- Classroom cleanliness (10%)
- Use of recycled material (10%)
Judging will take place on 27 Jan 2014 from 3 p.m. onwards.
Prizes will be given out for each respective levels.
(EXCELLENT, MOST CREATIVE, MOST ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY)